Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bags? Yes please!


I've made 3 more bags! Hurray!! This is becoming a serious addiction! I'm loving it!!
The 1st two bags on the left are Lisa Lam patterns. Lisa is a fabulous bag designer and I'm so glad I've stumbled on her blog last week!! Besides being incredible funny, her blog is so generous, packed with free patterns, tips and inspiration. Lisa also has a Book, the Bag Making Bible and , of course, I had to buy it! It's brilliant!! Perfect for a newbie like me but also has more advance patterns and techniques. From choosing fabrics, to all types of closures, handles, straps, pockets, trimmings...it's just!.... yes, the Bible!!



I made the flowery bag 1st, where I mixed 2 of Lisa's patters. I got them both from her book.



This pattern, also from Lisa, it's called "For pleat's sake"! Genius, huh?! :D


It's my favorite bag so far!!Even if it was the hardest to make, for a newbie like me... 
I thought It would look nice to decorate the bag with some buttons! I look for any excuse to play with my buttons it just makes me sooooo deliriously happy! I picked a few vintage neutral coloured ones, and a little red heart just for fun! What you think?!


The last bag I've made this week was a yoga mat bag! So much fun and handy for the likes of me and, hopefully, my yoga buddies!
I didn't follow a  pattern, just kind of copied from my own yoga mat bag. This one closes at the top with a string but I'm making another one with a zip.


For all my crochet friends, please don't be disappointed with madebycata for all the lately frolicking with sewing... You see, madebycata is meant to be a bit like this. Attention span of a goldfish, no work sense, work criteria, or work organization! Focuses on something and then "Ohhh!! Shinny!!", and off she is, with crazy eyes and squeaky voice! And along the way, sharing whatever inspires her at that moment, and hopefully, also inspiring a few of you.
Madebycata is meant to be, for cata at least, all that real life often doesn't allow her to be+do. An outlet for creativity, random, crazy, no-major-purpose projects, experimenting, succeeding and failing, and moving on, and trying all over again! 

BUT, in saying that, specially for you, my Crochet friends, BIG surprise is on the way!! OHHHHH so exciting!!! Can't wait to share it with all of ye!! Please be patient and keep in tune!!

Lots of Love, Cata****************************


4 comments:

  1. Love your bags! Sewing bags can be addictive and I've made loads over the years. They are so much more fun than bought ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fantastic bags! I must get started on another bag project soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiduxa!!! Somos,Quilá e Nena. Adoramos os teus fantásticos trabalhos. Com a crise que ai anda prevê-se que a tua máquina será um óptimo investimento...Queremos ver mais. MIl beijos um abraço para ti do tamanho do oceano que nunca nos há-de separar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minhas Manas!!!Que alegria receber a vossa visita!! Essa minha maquina de costura foi a melhor prenda de sempre! ;) Beijinhos com tantas saudades :)***

    ReplyDelete